1. a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism.
2. a person who terrorizes or frightens others.
3. (formerly) a member of a political group in Russia aiming at the demoralization of the government by terror.
4. an agent or partisan of the revolutionary tribunal during the Reign of Terror in France.
5. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of terrorism or terrorists: terrorist tactics.
Former First Lady, Senator, Secretary of State, and now wannabe Evita* Hillary Clinton participated in a town hall meeting sponsored by CNN on Monday. During that event, she was asked a question regarding gun control. She said she was in favor of re-instituting the ban on "assault weapons"(sic) as well as a magazine ban.
Mrs. Clinton then accused those of us who still believe in the Bill of Rights of not only being a minority but, in so many words, terrorists.
Clinton said that while she’s “well-aware that this is a hot political subject,” she thinks there should be “a more thoughtful conversation” on gun control.I don't consider myself a terrorist nor do I think you do either. Moreover, I don't believe the majority of people in the United States are for gun control or any of the other measures that Clinton would like to see enacted.
“We cannot let a minority of people — and that’s what it is, it is a minority of people — hold a viewpoint that terrorizes a majority of people,” she said.
As my friend Kurt has said more than once, to be despised by the despicable is an honor.
* Eva Peron aka Evita only achieved power in Argentina on the back of her husband Col. Juan Peron. Likewise, Hillary's claim to power seems to be that she married - and stayed with him despite his philandering ways - President Bill Clinton. As such, she is the American Evita who now aspires (again) to the Presidency.