Thursday, April 30, 2015

The "Big Money" Behind Silencers?


Chicago's ABC 7 I-Team is going to let us know tonight about the "big money" who is behind a move to legalize suppressors in the state of Illinois.

Big money? Bwa-hah-hah. The suppressor industry - with perhaps the exceptions of Remington Outdoors and SigSauer - is made up of a number of small businesses. Some are mom and pop operations while others may have 2-300 employees.

Silencers are a safety item. They do not totally cut out the sound; they merely muffle it to a safer decibel level. Anyone who says differently is just restating myth and legend.

I just had my annual hearing checkup on Monday. I shot some in my younger days without hearing protection, attended some auto and boat races with no hearing protection, and, of course, a few rock concerts. I now suffer constant tinnitis (ringing in the ears) and some hearing loss.

About the only "big money" who would benefit from keeping suppressors banned are the hearing aid manufacturers and I doubt even they would want to build business that way.


1 comment:

  1. Legislators should be banned from watching movies orTV.

    Automatic knives would have never been illegal, silencers wouldn't be a "hit-man's tool" and Reefer Madness would have been billed as a comedy.

    ReplyDelete