Following up on his interview with noted flamethrower historian and technical expert Charles Hobson, Ian of Forgotten Weapons now has a question and answer session with him.
The questions by timestamp are:
- 0:40 - Still in use today?
- 1:15 - Hollywood realism
- 3:02 - Effective historical use
- 3:55 - Pressure and nozzle diameter
- 4:57 - Use of fins to create laminar flow
- 6:18 - Do they blow up if shot?
- 7:28 - Maintenance and repair
- 9:44 - Realism in "Saving Private Ryan”
- 10:52 - Reproductions
- 12:10 - Accidents
- 14:07 - Field resupply of fuel in combat
- 19:35 - Oxygen problems for the user
- 20:32 - Modern improvements
- 24:10 - Is there still a role for flamethrowers in modern war?
- 26:35 - Lighting cigars from flamethrowers
- 27:43 - Cost