Monday, August 29, 2016

Gun Show Weekend


I went to the semiannual Greensboro Gun Show this weekend with my friend Jeff (Olivia Grace's paternal grandfather).

Before the gun show itself, we met for breakfast with Doc Wesson at a local pancake house. Doc aka The Podfather has been podcasting at The Gun Nation since 2007.  We had a great time talking about guns, podcasting, blogging, industry, flying, etc. I think we all had a great time and it was a great way to start a trip to the gun show.

Doc, for business reasons, guards his identity. Given that pictures of Doc don't exist some people might assume he is a phantom. I can assure you that is not the case. I snapped this quick picture of Doc while he wasn't looking. It didn't come out quite how I expected!



As for the gun show itself, it had a moderate crowd. There were a goodly number of people but the aisles weren't so crowded that you couldn't walk down them. In general, there weren't as many surplus dealers as I expected, there were a number of private sellers with tables selling their hunting rifles and shotguns, and more knife dealers than I expected.

Nate and Nate from N82 Tactical were there. I ended up with one of their IWB holsters for my Ruger LC9s Pro. Time will tell but it looks like a very comfortable holster.

I also came home with a 1200 ft. roll of 550 O.D. green paracord and a box of  cast lead 105 grain .38 caliber bullets. I hope to get those loaded up to use for plinking. I did look at an Ithaca 51 with 2 extra barrels but passed on that.

The other thing on my want list was an Anderson Manufacturing AR15 upper. I found a few but prices ranged from $80 to $120. Given they are selling in the $50 range on the Internet I passed on this.

We finished the day by having a family dinner at Clark's BBQ in Kernersville. As their T-shirts say, they are centrally located between Dollywood and Myrtle Beach.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day, other than the prices...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then I missed a great show I believe where I could have found some really interesting deals and stuffs. Those who want guns for safety and self defense must have proper license and training before having any one of them.
    Regards:
    MA Gun License

    ReplyDelete
  3. What else can i say rather than to thank Doctor Okpamen who God used to reunite my marriage. Each day of my life, i ask God to bless Dr. Okpamen for he has made my life complete by bringing back my husband to me and for this reason, i made a vow to my self that i will testify on the internet to let the world know that Dr. Okpamen is a God on Earth. My husband and i had a fight for three days which led to our divorce. On this faithful day, i came across a testimony of how Dr. Okpamen helped a lady in getting back her lover. So, i contacted him and explained to him and he told me that my days of sorrows are over that my husband will come back to me within 12 to 16 hours.. Could you believe it, my husband came home begging that he needs me back. Do you need any kind of help? Contact him now via email: ( Doctorokpamenspelltemple@hotmail.com ), Website: http://doctorokpamenpowerfulspelltemple.webs.com, call and whatsapp him via +2348135254384 OR for more confirmation call or text me on my cell# +1 (914) 517-3229. Becky Nolan USA.

    ReplyDelete