Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Billionaires Aren't The Only Ones Pumping Money Into Washington State


I did a post last month detailing all the money being pumped into Washington State in support of the gun control initiative I-594. At that time, five billionaires and one very rich woman from an "old Seattle family" had cumulatively put in almost 75% of the monies in support of the initiative. Since then, Michael Bloomberg, through his Everytown Moms for Illegal Mayors, has pumped another $950,000 into the effort along with at least $350,000 from the coterie of billionaires.

It looks like Gabby Giffords and the Space Cowboy (aka Mark Kelly) have gotten involved as well. Through their Americans for Responsible Solutions (sic), they have donated $229,091 for in-kind direct mail services. It is the largest in-kind donation of the campaign. The majority of the other in-kind services is coming from the Win/Win Network (a coalition of unions and left-wing groups) and the True Patriot Network which is run by billionaire Nick Hanauer.

I have to give Washington State kudos for their Public Disclosure Commission reporting system. It is much more up-to-date on contributions that the Federal Election Commission system.

From the Federal Election Commission

4 comments:

  1. I gave $50 to the oppose side because I don't have much more. I certainly would have chipped in a million or so if I had it to give. I also told my friends to vote against this so that's another fifty to one hundred votes. I am not confident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not test balloon.
    Money has lost all across the country.
    The people know whats right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully people look at CONTENT and not the ads... sigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had signed my (dead) mother up to work the Brady Campaign's phone bank. I got a call from them yesterday asking for her. I assured them she was a go though she was out of the house at the time. Supposedly they will be sending an email with instructions on how to do their phone bank. If they do, I plan to spend some time pushing the No vote on I-594. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete