Sunday, December 16, 2018

No More Rights Watch Column At Guns Magazine?


Readers of Guns Magazine will soon notice a longtime feature missing or changed. The Rights Watch column written and edited by David Codrea will be gone.

From David's blog War On Guns:
I received an email this morning from the editor at GUNS Magazine informing me "we are going a different direction with Rights Watch and will no longer need your column." This isn't that much of a surprise. I have actually been expecting the hammer to drop ever since they "parted ways" with my former editor and magazine mentor Jeff John earlier this year.

I know that I write for a niche within a niche and have a feeling that was a factor. It's their right to run their magazine as they see fit and I'll be interested to see what that "different direction" turns out to be.
As a longtime reader and subscriber to Guns Magazine I think this sucks. It was always one column that I didn't miss nor do I think one should miss. Given David's leading role along with the late Mike Vanderboegh and Dave Workman in exposing Operation Fast and Furious, it doesn't make sense to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment