Saturday, February 23, 2013

Good Advice For Newbies


Greg Hickok - Hickok45 on YouTube - has some good advice for new shooters on how not to shoot a semi-auto pistol. I'm glad he's doing videos like this as they are needed.

At my company's regional meeting that I mentioned yesterday, I spoke with at least two of my colleagues who were considering getting their first firearm. One of these colleagues also said his dad, a NRA-hating retired college professor, was also considering buying a gun for the house. My point is that there are a lot of new shooters out there who could use this type of info.


2 comments:

  1. I'll admit that the first time I shot a handgun, I got bit by the slide and it drew a little blood because I was holding it wrong.

    That's what happens when you don't have anyone to teach you, but it should bea lot better now that there is Youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes a real class with instructor and fellow students is helpful, these guys been doing that for 140+ years and are usually pretty affordable http://www.nrainstructors.org/searchcourse.aspx

    ReplyDelete