In response to news that Obama's former campaign organization would be having a "National Day of Action" in support of gun control on February 22nd, Grass Roots North Carolina asks that people make five phone calls on February 25th and 26th. They are calling this Five Phone Calls for Freedom.
On Feb. 25 & 26, make ‘Five Phone Calls for Freedom’
Friday, February 22, will witness an unprecedented attack on your rights as Obama mobilizes his army of left-wing activists to push for federal gun bans. “Roll Call” recently ran a piece entitled, “Organizing for America Plans 'National Day of Action' to Mobilize Grass Roots on Guns.” It went on to say:
“Organizing for Action is planning its first official mobilization in support of President Barack Obama’s proposals to curtail gun violence. The nonprofit that inherited Obama’s campaign infrastructure and 2 million strong volunteer army will hold a ‘national day of action’ on Feb. 22, officials said Tuesday.”
If that doesn’t scare you, it should
What you are seeing is “Barry the Community Organizer” doing what he does best: Attacking your rights using millions of rabid radicals who will stoop to any level of deceit in order to control you. The grass roots initiative began with his State of the Union address, in which he packed the house with families of victims of mass killings. Next, Obama went on the road to sell his plan at schools in Atlanta and elsewhere.
Now MoveOn.org is joining the fray by running TV ads that proclaim, “The NRA doesn’t speak for me.” In case you didn’t know it, these are the same folks that you brought you “ACORN”; MoveOn.org is funded by the left wing “Tides Foundation” which is itself funded by none other than freedom-hating billionaire George Soros.
Your voice needed now more than ever
You have politicians scared. As a founding member of the Coalition to Stop the Gun Ban, which now comprises 38 state and national organizations, GRNC members have been blasting Congress with a coordinated message that we will punish any legislator who supports gun control. So to counter your influence, “Barry” plans to “out-grassroots” you. Will you let him?
IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED!
Make ‘Five Phone Calls for Freedom’
To fight back against this left wing attack, we are asking millions of Second Amendment supporters, represented by the Coalition and others, to deliver a loud and clear message to Congress by making 5 phone calls on Monday and Tuesday (Feb. 25 & 26). Please note that we said CALL, not email. We want millions of voices to ring through the congressional switchboard, so please note that you might have to try several times to get through.
Specifically, we are asking you to call:
- Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell at 202-224-2541
- House Speaker John Boehner at 202-225-0600
- Senator Richard Burr at 202-224-3154
- Senator Kay Hagan at 202-224-6342
- Your representative to the U.S. House. To identify your US House representative, go to: http://www.house.gov/representatives/ and then enter your zip code in the upper right corner of the page.
DELIVER THIS MESSAGE
Give congressional staff 3 simple talking points:
- Nothing about the federal proposals is acceptable – not banning semi-automatic firearms and magazines, not expanding the list of people prohibited from owning guns, and not registering private gun sales via the National Instant Check System;
- Because “compromise” means losing freedom, you will not “compromise” on this issue, including any “lite” version of registering private sales through the National Instant Check System; and
- As a member of one of the organizations comprising the National Coalition to Stop the Gun Ban, you will support coordinated Coalition action against any legislator who supports gun control.
If you have additional time, please CALL other US House representatives in the North Carolina delegation, including:
Rep. G. K. Butterfield, Jr. (D - 01) 202-225-3101
Rep. Renee L. Ellmers (R - 02) 202-225-4531
Rep. Walter B. Jones, Jr. (R - 03) 202-225-3415
Rep. David Price (D - 04) 202-225-1784
Rep. Virginia Foxx (R - 05) 202-225-2071
Rep. Howard Coble (R - 06) 202-225-3065
Rep. Mike McIntyre (D - 07) 202-225-2731
Rep. Richard Hudson (R - 08) 202-225-3715
Rep. Robert Pittenger (R - 09) 202-225-1976
Rep. Patrick McHenry (R - 10) 202-225-2576
Rep. Mark Meadows (R-11) 202-225-6401
Rep. Mel Watt (D - 12) 202-225-1510
Rep. George Holding (R - 13) 202-225-3032