Friday, May 24, 2013

Just Because..


I'm posting this just because it entertained me. I love Greg Hickok aka Hickok45's YouTube videos and this one is no exception. Who among us wouldn't want to shoot a Sten submachine gun? I know ammo is in short supply but I'd scrounge the "ammo bunker" to find enough 9mm to go shooting for an afternoon with the Sten.





While you can't legally make and register a new Sten under the NFA with the ATF thanks to the Hughes Amendment, full blueprints are available. If we ever enter a TEOTWAWKI (or the new acronym, WROL) period, I have no doubt that a competent machinist with a decent workshop including a milling machine could make one.

Below is an animation of the Sten firing. You can see that it is an open bolt, blowback operated, firing mechanism.

1 comment:

  1. Remember, the Sten can be simplified -- it has a selctive fire trigger group, which can be dumbed down to automatic only, or even converted to an automatic only with sear blocking positive push button safety.

    ReplyDelete