Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Third Event


Yesterday I said things happen in groups of three and wondered when we'd be hearing that CBS New Investigative Correspondent Sharyl Attkisson was targeted. Well, that didn't take long!

It was revealed in Politico today that her personal and work computers have been compromised and the incident is under investigation.
"I can confirm that an intrusion of my computers has been under some investigation on my end for some months but I'm not prepared to make an allegation against a specific entity today as I've been patient and methodical about this matter," Attkisson told POLITICO on Tuesday. "I need to check with my attorney and CBS to get their recommendations on info we make public."
And when did she first notice this intrusion? It was in February 2011 which is when she began working on the Operation Fast and Furious story. According to her interview with WPHT Philadelphia, she was also working on a story about green energy spending by the Obama Administration.

I realize that correlation is not causation. However, it does seem very strange to me that right after Sharyl Attkisson starts work on a big story such as Project Gunwalker, her computers are compromised. When you add in the targeting of William LaJeunesse of Fox News, it gets even stranger.

You wonder if her post on CleanUpATF.org was the trigger or was it something more sinister such as the surveillance of bloggers Mike Vanderboegh and David Codrea who passed the story on to her. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but the timing is too coincidental and the topic too sensitive for the Obama Administration.

UPDATE: In an article in Commentary Magazine, Jonathan Tobin calls the attack on the press a fundamental attack on democracy. He discusses both Sharyl and William LaJeunesse.

2 comments:

  1. The only surprise in the Sharyl Atkisson revelation is what took them so long to go after her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @David: Actually, if you look at the timeline, they were going after her as the story was breaking. What took so long is that we are just now learning about it.

      Delete