Monday, September 21, 2015

An Interesting Bullpup From South Africa


The Vektor CR-21 was a bullpup carbine made in South Africa. It was based upon their R4 rifle which was a derivative of the Israeli Galil. The internals of the CR-21 were similar and it used the same magazines as the video shows.

The CR-21 never made it out of the prototype stage but it would have been interesting to see how with a little more development it would have stacked up against the Tavor and other bullpups. It really is futuristic looking


2 comments:

  1. I seem to remember Vektor claiming that they could convert any Kalashnikov-pattern rifle, not just the R4. I've always been a bit surprised that no one licensed the conversion for the US market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An impact full video. During my training in Firearm Training Center Boston I had used some of the guns but never used this one. I mean this is simply awesome. Loved this video.
    Regards:
    Mass License To Carry Class

    ReplyDelete