Monday, March 21, 2016

Hydraulic Tests


Matt at LFD Research has a series of "high energy" research projects up on YouTube. In the one below, he looks at the hydraulic energy transfer of different weights of .223/5.56 bullets.

Frankly, I was a bit surprised by the destructive potential of 40 grain bullets. I can see why they are good for varmint hunting. It does make me wonder what a gelatin test would show insofar as penetration.

Matt has been a guest on The Polite Society Podcast in the past to talk about his research. I think this type of home-grown amateur research is interesting because it is something that we can all do.


3 comments:

  1. That IS interesting... I'm surprised the 55gr did so little damage too. I wonder if that bottle's top wasn't as tight as the others?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These massacres are simply the result of inhuman attitude that simply make them comparable to animals since humans are supposed to be the most sensible ones in this whole universe, so while you handover a gun to anyone else you must take special care . Those who sell guns must also take care in their mind that their illegal guns can kill them too.
    Regards:
    MA Gun License

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I Was Rescued By A God Fearing Lender (Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com)

    Hello, I am Andrew Thompson currently living in CT USA, God has bless me with two kids and a lovely Wife, I promise to share this Testimony because of God favor in my life, 2days ago I was in desperate need of money so I thought of having a loan then I ran into wrong hands who claimed to be loan lender not knowing he was a scam. he collected 1,500.00 USD from me and refuse to email me since then I was confuse, but God came to my rescue, one faithful day I went to church after the service I share idea with a friend and she introduce me to LEXIE LOAN COMPANY, she said she was given 98,000.00 USD by MR LEXIE , THE MANAGING DIRECTOR OF LEXIE LOAN COMPANY. So I collected his email Address , he told me the rules and regulation and I followed, then after processing of the Documents, he gave me my loan of 55,000.00 USD... So if you are interested in a loan you can as well contact him on this Email: lexieloancompany@yahoo.com or text +1(406) 946-0675 thanks, I am sure he will also help you.

    ReplyDelete