Tuesday, May 9, 2017

It Isn't Just CSGV Who Are Ghouls


I would like to say that the only ones posting negative things about Bob Owens and how he died at his own hand were the gun prohibitionists. Don't get me wrong, CSGV and their followers are spewing their nonsense as Miguel makes clear. However, I can't say that.

A splinter group called California Right to Carry which advocates for open carry posted a nasty and vicious take on Bob's suicide.




The ignorance and viciousness shown in this post just disgusts me. That's all that needs to be said.

The position of the Catholic Church that the author posits is one from another time. Actually, the Catechism of the Catholic Church, while acknowledging that suicide is contrary to the love of self and to the love of God, states that allowances are made for "psychological disturbances" and "anguish". Moreover, it goes on to state that we should not "despair of the eternal salvation of persons who have taken their own lives. By ways known to him alone, God can provide the opportunity for salutary repentance. the Church prays for persons who have taken their own lives." (Sections 2280 through 2283)


8 comments:

  1. I had my share of disagreements with Bob, but that's just disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the reason why nobody in the country gives to shits about what happens with California Gun Rights is people like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miguel, don't lump all California Gun Rights under this guy. He is known troll, believing he is the light because he feels that Constitution and B.O.R only cover open carry. That everyone else stupid fighting for concealed carry.

      Delete
  3. Scum. All of them put together couldn't equal Bob Owens and the contributions he made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I could do was go there, and call him what he is, an Asshole! I then posted to all my California friend to call him out. (I was SoCal WOT Director)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's truly irrelevant what a church's position is; only God's position matters, and his word is in the Bible, not in a church's contrived mantra.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of all the disgusting and reprehensible things I've seen directed at Bob, that's among the worst, mostly because of the source.

    Makes me kinda nauseous.

    ReplyDelete