Thursday, January 4, 2018

Industry News: Cor-Bon Ammo Sold


According to a Farnam's Quips post yesterday, Cor-Bon Ammunition of Sturgis, SD has been sold to a new ownership group. Founder and CEO Peter Pi and his family will no longer be affiliated with the company.
Cor-Bon ammunition has been a family-owned company since its inception. The only CEO the company ever had was Peter Pi, my good friend and colleague. I was just on the phone with him yesterday.

At the end of 2017, Cor-Bon was sold to new owners. The Pi family is no longer involved!

I don’t know any of the details of the sale, and I know nothing about the new owners other than that they are new to the ammunition industry. I’m looking forward to meeting them at the SHOT Show later this month.

Right now, nothing is being produced at the Cor-Bon factory in Sturgis, SD, and no one can tell me when production will be resumed, nor what products will be retained and what will be dropped.
John Farnam goes on to report that Peter Pi's oldest son Peter is starting his own ammunition company called Defiant Munitions. They expect to be shipping by mid-year 2018.

I've never used Cor-Bon ammo but it has always had great recommendations from people I know and trust like Marty Hayes and Michael Bane.

No comments:

Post a Comment