Tuesday, June 5, 2012

It's All About Him

If I were Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett (D), I'd have done my damnedest to keep Jesse Jackson out of Wisconsin and not there campaigning for the recall of Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI). Because with Jesse, it is all about him and his agenda.

Attending a rally of "workers" in Milwaukee on Sunday, he shows up in a two-car cavalcade consisting of a Mercedes S550 and a Cadillac Escalade ESV. The combined price of those two vehicles is about $175,000. The best you can say about that is at least one of the cars was from Government Motors.

I'm guessing he got to Milwaukee after his rally in Racine where he called for a march on gun shops in Kentucky. Remember, this is about recalling Gov. Scott Walker and replacing him with his 2010 rival Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett.



If Jesse is trying to say that the guns traced to crimes in Wisconsin are coming from Kentucky, he needs to try a bit harder. The BATFE just released a state-by-state analysis of traced firearms for 2011. Kentucky was tied with Arizona for next-to-last in the top 15 states for traced firearms in Wisconsin with a total of 11. The number one state after Wisconsin itself was Rev. Jackson's home state of Illinois.

Now I have a shameful admission to make. In 1988, when I was young, stupid, and a Democrat, I actually voted for Jesse Jackson in the North Carolina primary as a protest against Al Gore. I did come to my senses in November and voted Republican.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if any of Jessie's rides were bullet resistant? That certainly would have bumped up the prices on them even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anon: I really don't know. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he had armed bodyguards.

    ReplyDelete