Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Parting Of The Ways For DoubleTap And Heizer Defense

Heizer Defense, who were the makers of the DoubleTap Tactical Pocket Pistol, and Raymond Kohut, the inventor of the DoubleTap, have parted ways. Kohut issued the following press release this afternoon stating that he was looking for a new manufacturer or, as an alternative, to license production of the pistol.

October 11, 2012

To our valued customers:

As the inventor of the DoubleTap™ pistol and owner of the design and utility patents, along with other intellectual property including the DoubleTap™ name, I am issuing this press release to inform our loyal customers of the current status of the production of this new innovative pistol.  Titanium Ported DoubleTap

Since we introduced the DoubleTap™ Tactical Pocket Pistol in November of last year, we have been overwhelmed by the industry reception; the popularity confirmed by literally tens of thousands of orders placed by consumers to their dealers, through our distributor partners.

Unfortunately, with the deepest regret, today I announce that we have terminated our relationship with HEIZER DEFENSE, our manufacturing partner, due to their inability to manufacture the DoubleTap™ pistol.  I cannot comment further on this subject at this time, under advice from legal counsel, due to pending litigation.

It is our intention to immediately license the design to a leading firearms manufacturer or to align with another manufacturing source to produce the DoubleTap™. We intend to accomplish this as quickly as possible to satisfy the huge demand for the DoubleTap™ pistol.  I will make a further announcement as soon as we have established a new manufacturing agreement.

Please visit our new website www.doubletapfirearmsllc.com for news updates.

Sincerely,

Raymond B. Kohout
Inventor, DoubleTap
I didn't have the opportunity to check out the DoubleTap pistol when I attended the NRA Annual Meeting in St. Louis which is a shame. It looked like an innovative pistol and with Heizer's ties to the aerospace industry it seemed a good fit. I'm also sad that I didn't arrange a visit to the factory in St. Louis when I had a chance as I go there 2-3 times a year to visit family.

I hope Mr. Kohout finds the manufacturing partner needed to continue making this pistol. It looked like a fine backup or tertiary firearm.

2 comments:

  1. This is nice. I had fun reading this article. Really interesting. Macon Lawyers

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is nice. I had fun reading this article. Really interesting.
    Attorney Macon

    ReplyDelete