Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Recoil Magazine Makes A Brilliant Move


After all the controversy engendered when an editor said the HK MP-7 wasn't for civilians, Recoil Magazine seems to be getting their act together. That is, if their soon-to-be announced new editor is any indication.

I received an email this evening from Iain Harrison announcing that he was leaving Crimson Trace after two years to become the new editor of Recoil. He says of his time with Crimson Trace:
It’s been a wild couple of years as PR guy for Crimson Trace, working with a company that has grown from being an awkward teenager and is now hanging with the cool kids. I have been privileged to have worked with the very best in the industry during these past, oh-so-short 24 months and I’m extremely grateful to you all for humoring my lack of experience in the field.  It is with a tinge of sadness therefore that I’m announcing my resignation from CTC, but this is tempered with an enormous amount of excitement for the next project.
Congratulations to Iain on his new position and to Recoil Magazine for making such a brilliant move.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Excellent news.... maybe I'll tip Jerry next time he's refills my water cup at Steak & Lube. .. .. . maybe not.

      Delete
  2. Definitely a brilliant move for Recoil. I just hope it's a good one for Iain, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to him, it was great to meet him and shoot with him at the Gunblogger Rendezvous last Sept! OTOH I have never actually seen an issue of Recoil magazine, and it's probably not at the magazine stand at SFO...

    ReplyDelete