Thursday, July 4, 2013

Really? On The Fourth Of July?


The Arlington, Massachusetts Police Department needs a refresher lesson in just what was the spark that set off the American Revolution. It was the attempt by the British under General Gage to seize the arms and powder of the local militia. A year and some months later we declared our independence from Great Britain.

Today, the APD demanded to inspect the premises of TJIC for firearms because he had applied for a Massachusetts LTC (license to carry). They had no warrant. They ended up seizing the legally owned firearms of his fiancee' Jenn.  Tam has the story. Make sure to read the comments for follow-up information.

Weerd has more info on the required permits in Massachusetts to provide some context.

The saddest part of the whole incident is that the local cops think they are just doing "their job". From TJIC's comments at Tam's blog:

At the end, some of the cops who ransacked the house tried to shake hands with me. "No hard feelings".

I refused and said "Gentlemen, please think about what you're doing. On the fourth of july, the day we celebrate freedom, you stole legally owned firearms from a women who is engaged to a guy who made a joke you don't like. You are not the good guys. You are 'just doing your jobs'. Look in the mirror. You're the bad guys."

Response: "I'm sorry you feel that way. Have a good Fourth."

My lawyer says that there's a decent chance I may yet be arrested.

And with that, I should probably go radio silent for a while.

As I said back in 2011 when the original incident occurred, I am TJIC.

I still am.

UPDATE: There is now a discussion going on about this on the NortheastShooters.com forum. Unfortunately, it doesn't add any new information as of now.

No comments:

Post a Comment