Thursday, January 14, 2016

The SHOT Show Cometh - What Interests You? (Updated)


The 2016 SHOT Show begins in less than three weeks. New introductions are starting to appear such as the Ruger American pistol and a hunting rifle from Ithaca.

I will be lucky enough to be attending the SHOT Show and Media Day at the Range again this year. The venue is huge as is the number of vendors. This leads to the question I asked at this time last year - what do you want to see?

I can't see everything though I'll try! I need to prioritize and start my planning. So go to the SHOT Show website and check through this map and list of vendors.

Tell me in the comments what you want me to check out. Alternatively, you can pop me an email at jpr9954 AT gmail DOT com.

I am bringing a new (to me) camera, an Olympus OM-D EM-5, which is lighter than my old camera so I hope to publish a lot of pictures here and on Instagram. If you are on Instagram, follow me at @jpr9954. I even got a ultra-lightweight chest harness to keep the camera at the ready as I go around the show floor.

Let the requests begin!

UPDATE: The press releases kept coming along with invitations to visit this booth or that booth. I'm bumping this back to the top as the SHOT Show begins this coming Tuesday. So if you read this blog or listen to the Polite Society Podcast, tell us what you want to us to check out. I've already gotten some good suggestions and would love to have more. I can't promise I'll make it to every booth or product suggested but I'll do my damnedest.

One of my plans is to devote a day to the first floor in the Sands Exhibition Center. That is where the smaller companies tend to be located and where you can find some really interesting stuff.

9 comments:

  1. I'm always interested in what's going on at Colt. However, given that "innovation" and "Colt" are antonyms, I have a Linus-and-The-Great-Pumpkin relationship with the lads in Hartford. Add in how Colt's pimp (Sciens) has been treating her lately, and that makes it even more of a long shot than usual.

    - Drifter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want you to go see this: http://triggerpointtechnology.com/trigger-touch-activation/
    Then ask about their business plan for not getting sued out of existence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being sued because your finger shouldn't be on the trigger until you're ready to shoot?

      Delete
    2. You are correct, sir. Very astute observation.

      Delete
  3. Would like to see any remakes of older firearms, like the enforcer pistol, Sturmgewehr, etc. Thanks for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bug the guys at MagPul about Mini-14 mags again please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three things:
    Desert Tech Bullpup; the Crimson Trace wireless AR15 laser and light; and whatever is new at Keltec and the status of their 223 RDB bullpups.
    OK, that's sort of four things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John,
    If you happen by the Sig booth, please ask them if they plan to release the 22 upper for their P320 model.
    I have the 40, 357 Sig and 9MM. I like having the same trigger pull on every squeeze.

    ReplyDelete