Tuesday, January 19, 2016

SHOT Show Day One: Preliminaries


Day One is off to a good start. I got my luggage at 6am this morning! Southwest finally came through. I know it was the insurance I bought yesterday - a trip to Walmart to get clean underwear and socks.

I just spoke with a young reporter who is doing videography for CNN Money. She is from New York and is excited to be at her first SHOT Show. She took in Media Day at the Range and loved it. I don't know if it was her first time shooting but it is another media person who is now somewhat inoculated against the lies of the gun prohibitionists.

Despite mechanical problems on both of my Southwest flights which caused me to arrive here a day late, I still made it to a portion of Media Day at the Range. Thanks to Paul and Susan Lathrop of The Polite Society Podcast I do have some pictures to prove it. I did get to shoot many of the firearms that I wanted to try out but not the Ruger American pistol nor the Ruger LCR in .327 Federal Magnum. There is always next year or a range rental.

I just ran into Rev. Kenn Blanchard, the Black Man with a Gun, who is starting a new outreach program for minorities and other underserved groups in the shooting community. He'll be having a press conference on it tomorrow and I plan to attend. His group is called 2AO.org. As I said in the first paragraph, my day is off to a good start. It is always good to see Brother Kenn.

Now off to check out the first floor of the Sands Expo Center which is where the smaller companies are usually located.

No comments:

Post a Comment