Sunday, December 28, 2014

#ImBlockedByShannonWatts


There is a new Twitter hashtag that is gaining currency thanks to the thin skins of the gun prohibitionists. It is #ImBlockedByShannonWatts. It got started after Shannon Watts tweeted that she was blocked by the National Rifle Association. You can see one of the many retweets of it below.

It turns out that Shannon Watts and her fellow gun prohibitionists are not so pristine when it comes to blocking opponents. Over the past few years, I found myself blocked first by the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence (sic) and then by Sarah Brady as you can see below.



I had been following Shannon Watts for a number of months now. It helps to keep an eye on the opposition and she (or some minion) seems to be quite active on Twitter. After seeing the #ImBlockedByShannonWatts hashtag on a tweet by Bob Owens of Bearing Arms, I got curious. Lo and behold I have made the esteemed company of those blocked by Shannon Watts! As a mere blogger I find this extremely gratifying.



Not only has Shannon blocked me but so has Moms Demand Action.


The background for the Moms Demand Action Twitter page happens to be from their little (and I do mean little) gathering in Indianapolis during the NRA Annual Meeting. That is when she refused to talk with Dana Loesch about derogatory remarks made against Dana by her. This is when she was also seen with "men in black" hired guns provided by Bloomberg.

I'm also blocked by Everytown Moms for Illegal Mayors.


Not wanting to feel left out, the Brady Campaign has also blocked me.


About the only other major, and I use that term loosely, gun prohibitionist organization that hasn't blocked me is the Violence Policy Center. Not that I'll ever agree with them but at least they have the courage of their convictions and don't block their opponents.

I think the NRA made a mistake by blocking Shannon Watts. The move reinforces her aura of being "just a stay-at-home mom" working for "gun safety". She is neither just a stay-at-home mom nor working for gun safety. She is the corporate shill for a meddling billionaire politician who wants to abrogate our constitutional rights.

I would encourage any gun rights activist who is active on Twitter to check to see if he or she is blocked by Shannon Watts (@shannonrwatts) or any of the gun prohibitionists organizations. If so, let the world know it by using the hashtag above. What Watts will call "bullying", I would call the truth.

5 comments:

  1. I've been blocked for at least a year now. And proud of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. I think we are in good company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never done twitter... I have better things to do with my time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't opine on moms or csgv.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got blocked by one of her minions. She was getting extremely frustrated with me as she was posting meme after meme in response to my points. I called her on, and she got increasingly shrill, and started with the profanity. Then she dropped a stink bomb about how the Tea Party should move to Somalia because they'd like their gun laws, then blocked me. She was tagging @MomsDemand with each tweet. Can't make a calm a reasonable argument? Then block!

    ReplyDelete