Thursday, March 5, 2015

Things You Stumble Across


The beauty of the Internet is that it allows you to stumble across stuff you'd never expect to find. Tonight, after reading a post on Miguel's blog, I went looking for a site that had flags of the world. While there, I came across a section labeled "historical flags".

And this is what I found.




You're probably thinking, OK, it's just another one of those "join or die" flags that are a take-off on the Benjamin Franklin cartoon. Ah, not so fast.

It is not just a "join or die" flag, it is the Richardson's Join or Die Flag! How cool is that.

The flag was shown in Edward Richardson's book Standards and Colors of the American Revolution and that is where it derives its name. Now the question is do I want to spend $65 or so for this flag. I think I'll ponder on that one for a while.


1 comment:

  1. I think you should. I have a number of technology patent-plaques with my name on them that cost more, and no kind of financial reward to show for it since I signed a "thing" when I started work there... You have a name and a name still means something.

    ReplyDelete