Sunday, May 15, 2016

There Are Sporks And Then There Are Tactical Sporks


You often get the plastic sporks (spoon with fork tines) in fast food restaurants. I've read that prisons use them a lot because it is hard to make it into a weapon.

CRKT makes a couple of sporks mixed with bottle openers and other tools. I have the one designed by Liong Mah and its quite handy. I keep it in my travel kit.

I just read this weekend that Ka-Bar is coming out with a Tactical Spork. It has a handle based upon their Bowie-style Ka-Bar knife. Moreover, unlike your other sporks, this one has a serrated knife hidden in the handle.




I guess there is nothing that can't be sold if it has the word "tactical" in its name. That said, if Ka-Bar has one at their booth at the NRA Annual Meeting, I'll probably buy a couple since their MSRP is only $6.93.

2 comments: