Thursday, July 5, 2012

Another GRNC-PVGF Recommendation

The Grass Roots North Carolina Political Victory Fund has recommended Tony Gurley for Lt. Governor in the Republican run-off primary. He faces fellow Republican Dan Forest. The primary is July 17th and early voting has started.

More on Gurley can be found here at his campaign website.

I took advantage of the early one-stop voting on Tuesday. If my experience is typical, turnout for this second primary will be very low. I spoke with one of the poll workers who said very few people had come in so far to vote. My ballot contained just five races and only two were what I'd call major positions - Congress and Lt. Governor. Thus, I think if enough gun owners who are Republicans get out and vote in the second primary they may well provide the margin of victory to the winners.

1 comment: