Friday, July 20, 2012

Why I'm Not Commenting On The Shooting In Colorado

Robb Allen of Sharp as a Marble says it better than I could.
Like every other event for the past decade, the media seems to focus on being First rather than being Right. You’ll notice I didn’t qualify the media with “Main Stream” or “Legacy”, or “Dinosaur”. All media. Blogs, Tweets, forums, even chat rooms. Heck, my wife and I were talking about it this morning. I realized we were discussing things as if the information we had was pristine, accurate, and complete.

It’s not. And it won’t be for quite some time.
I don't have that need to be first so I won't be commenting on the how, the why, the who, etc. of the shooting in Aurora, CO other than to say that I'll be keeping the victims and their families in my prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Th Onion nails that point harder than anyone can:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTXz_4u-4mc
    (*Remove all tasty beverages from mouth while viewing)

    ReplyDelete