Wednesday, August 29, 2012

From A Sam's Club Ad

Today I received an email flyer from Sam's Club which featured this week's top sellers. Some of the stuff was fairly obvious with students going back to school such as a couple of laptops and the Nexus 7 tablet.

Other stuff caught me by surprise. This included a 10kw gas-powered generator and Augason Farms Emergency Food Storage Kit which is supposed to feed four people for one year. This latter item sells for $2,774 which is a substantial sum.

I could see the generator selling with all the news about Hurricane Issac. However, the long-term storage food is a bit surprising. It does fit in with the post I did yesterday about a story from The Anchoress detailing people in her area buying firearms and stocking up on food as they don't trust Obama and his cronies.


5 comments:

  1. The emergency food kits have been showing up in Costco ads I've seen around here for the last couple of years, so it's not too surprising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still waiting on the Kirkland brand 10,000 round box of 5.56 and 5 packs of Glocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed Sam's Club is stocking that style of emergency food in their Joplin, MO store.

    ReplyDelete