Sunday, November 4, 2012

I Love Getting New "Guns"


A few months ago I saw something about a new "gun" that was in development. It looked interesting and the developer was using crowd sourcing to secure funding. I ended up ordering two and they arrived this week. The developer sold 21,400 of these "guns" using Indiegogo.

My new "gun" is a Bug-A-Salt. It is a pump airgun that shoots table salt at flies and kills them. I love it! I paid $30 including shipping for it and can't wait to shoot my first fly. I tried it out by shooting into water and it works fine.


You can order your own Bug-A-Salt from the developer's page here. The price has gone up to $34.95 but it seems worth it. My extra one will go to one of the Complementary Spouse's sons-in-law for Christmas.

The instruction video is below. I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with this!


4 comments:

  1. How fun! He'll love it!!! Boys and their toys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ssssh. Don't tell him or he won't be surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got mine last week. It's great fun hunting the flies with the Bug A Salt. The range is a bit limited if you want a kill shot, but it's great for stunning them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I purchased my Bug a Salt from the site and was money well spent! I have spent a little too much time thinking of ways to use this toy... other than killing the occasional pest

    ReplyDelete