Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Staten Island Screwed By FEMA Again


Staten Island isn't like the rest of New York City. It is smaller, greener, more family oriented, and less of a concrete jungle. My Mom used to tell me stories of growing up on Staten Island when there were celery farms. Perhaps its differences is what has made it the forgotten borough.

Now it looks like FEMA which was late bringing assistance to Staten Island after Sandy is abandoning them again.

From DNAInfo.com/Stephanie Keith


This really pisses me off.

My ties to Staten Island run deep and it hurts me to see islanders treated like this. My mother grew up there, went to high school there, and went to college there as did her sister and brother. My grandfather was the Tax Assessor for the County of Richmond in the 1930s and 40s. My cousin Tom and his family still live in what was my grandparent's last house.

You can read the full story in DNAInfo.com here.

No comments:

Post a Comment