Saturday, June 1, 2013

I'm Sure This Will Work Well....Or Not


Rep. Mike McIntyre (D-NC) is one of the few remaining Blue Dog Democrats in the House of Representatives. He was A-rated and endorsed by the NRA-PVF in the 2012 general election. He defeated State Senator David Rouzer by a mere 654 votes to win re-election. There is no way to tell for sure but the NRA-PVF endorsement might just have been the edge McIntyre needed to squeak by in his conservative district in southeast NC.

The picture below was tweeted by K. Meera Bhardwaj of Carrboro, North Carolina on Thursday. Her LinkedIn profile identifies her as the Regional Organizing Director for Mayor Bloomberg's Illegal Mayors. From my experience living in the Chapel Hill-Carrboro area, Carrboro is where those who are even too far Left for liberal Chapel Hill live. Things may have changed since I lived down in the Triangle but I doubt it.



The picture is captioned "2 gun owners, 4 parents, 2 kids, and 7 voters @DemandAction at @MikeMcIntyreNC's office today!"

All I can say is that I hope Mayor Bloomberg's Illegal Mayors continues hiring organizers who have no clue about the area in which they are sent to work. Contrast this with the intimate knowledge that people like ISRA's Richard Pearson and the NRA's Todd Vandermyde brought to the battle for concealed carry in Illinois. Or, if we want to talk about North Carolina, that Grass Roots North Carolina and Paul Valone have brought to the battle for gun rights in this state.

3 comments:

  1. Dear moms.

    Your ability to reproduce is biologically innate.

    Reproduction suggests nothing about your intelligence or rationality.

    Please stop inferring that procreation entitles you to any sort of superior perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that's the best they can do...

    ReplyDelete
  3. BradenLynch@msn.comJune 3, 2013 at 10:25 PM

    @Christopher: If I am not mistaken, it takes two to tango and I was there for the procreation thing for my daughters. I'm just as invested in them as my wife. I agree that having the "joy" of childbirth does not necessarily mean better protective instincts. I would argue the opposite in their case...these moms are not willing to go the distance to protect their kids since 911 does not always work as advertised.

    Getting back to their signs. If I'm feeling charitable, let's just ask them, "Really? Background checks save lives? Cite a few examples please"...crickets.

    ReplyDelete