The Illinois State Rifle Associations issued an urgent alert this afternoon about a number of city and town council meetings scheduled to enact new gun bans. The rush to pass these new bans are a result of the recent passage of concealed carry in Illinois.
For the past 6 months or so, law-abiding gun owners like you have been the targets of an intense campaign of vilification, slander and misrepresentation from the likes of Obama, Biden, Bloomberg, Simon and Quinn. The gun grabbers have blamed you for mass murders, terrorist attacks on movie theaters and malls, and even the bombing of the Boston Marathon.
And now, the anti-gunners are trying to hijack concealed carry legislation and transform it into a massive gun control scheme that will result in the banning and confiscation of most of the guns you own. Wait, but thats not all. . . the gun-haters plan for concealed carry also includes licensing, registration and the surrender of your privacy whether you apply for a permit or not.
As a law-abiding gun owner you should be sick and tired of all this nonsense. Its time for all of you to stand up and declare, . . .enough is enough! Its time to confront the gun grabbers and force them to stand down from their attacks on your constitutional rights.
You will have several opportunities this week to go and snatch your rights back from those who would toss your guns into the furnace if they had a chance. Several suburbs are considering bans on semiautomatic target rifles, pistols and shotguns. If passed, these local ordinances will spread like a cancer. No matter where you live, you have a vested interest in what happens in the board rooms of these city and village councils. Here is a listing of meetings where local gun-grabs will be debated this week:
1. Highland Park, IL. 1707 St. Johns Avenue, Monday, June 24, 2013, 7:30 PM (be there by 6:30 PM). Topic: semiautomatic firearm ban.
2. Evanston, IL. City Hall, 2100 Ridge Avenue, Monday, June 24, 2013, 7:15 PM (be there by 6:30 PM). Topic: semiautomatic firearm ban.
3. Melrose Park, IL. Police Station, One North Broadway, Monday, June 24, 2013, 6:00 PM (be there by 5:15 PM). Topic: semiautomatic firearm ban.
4. St. Charles, IL. City Council Chambers, 2 E. Main Street, Monday, June 24, 2013, 7:00 PM (be there by 6:15 PM). Topic: semiautomatic firearm ban.
5. Park Ridge, IL. City Hall, 505 Butler Place, Monday, June 24, 2013, 7:00 PM (be there by 6:15 PM). Topic: semiautomatic firearm ban.
6. Berwyn, IL. City Hall, 6700 26th Street, Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 8:00 PM (be there by 7:15 PM). Topic: semiautomatic firearm ban.
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO SAVE YOUR GUNS
1. No matter where you live, you should plan on attending the closest meeting to you. Be prepared to bring a friend or two. Wear iGOLD hats and t-shirts. If you see members of the media, approach them and tell them that you are a law-abiding gun owner who is sick and tired of having others carelessly work to destroy your rights.
2. Take careful notes of what happens during the meeting. Take notes of who you talk to, what the topic of the discussion was, and note what is told to you by the other person.
3. Pass this alert on to your friends and family ask them to attend as well.
4. Please post this alert to any and all Internet bulletin boards and blogs to which you may belong.
Its time to launch a major counteroffensive against the gun control movement. This is the week to do it. Please plan on attending one of these meetings.
Remember, Gun Control is a disease youre the cure.
UPDATE: Here is a list of updates on what transpired at the council meetings in Illinois yesterday.
Park Ridge: Meeting was postponed until JULY 8th 7:00pm. Power outage due to storms. Report of good turn out.
Highland Park: ban passed 6-1Evanston: good turn out reports say 2-1 for us. No action likely tonight.St Charles: Standing room only and Chief Lamkin's presentation was moved to the first order of business. The forum gravitated to discussion of an AWB, but bottom line...not in St. CharlesRiver Forest: No reportMarengo: "After what I heard this evening, I doubt the City Council would vote for a ban," Mayor Donald Lockhart say. "There doesn't seem to be support for a ban."Melrose Park: No report
West Chicago: (dupage county) 30 or so showed up for us and every committee member was totally opposed to any legislation and recommended that nothing should be pursued.
Park Forest (cook county)- no gun ban on the agenda
The Mayor of Park Forest has responded to inquiries, and there is nothing on the agenda at this time.
St. Charles: (Kane County)
Sent: 6/24/2013 8:56:56 A.M. Central Daylight Time
Subj: Government Services Committee
There seems to be some wrong information out there. I am presenting an over view on the expected concealed carry law that the Governor will probably sign. It is so the CC knows what to expect and what current ordinances we have that will likely go away. Concealed carry will happen as you know in Illinois. Yes there is a preemption provision in the law about the assault weapons, but there is no ordinance being presented for discussion or approval. I have to cover that as part of the Concealed Carry law. I am not aware or have any direction from the Council at this point and have not pursued one as well. I do not know any of their individual positions on this topic.
James E. Lamkin l Chief of Police /div>