Sunday, January 26, 2014

Off Topic But A Nice Story


I was sitting in bed this morning, drinking my first cup of coffee, and watching CBS Sunday Morning when a story by Steve Hartman came on. When they first flashed the preview of the story something about that school logo triggered something in my subconscious.

A few words into the story and I knew why that logo triggered something. It was the logo from my alma mater! One does not expect to see a story on TV about their old high school unless it is the scene of a tragedy. This is especially true when it is a small school located in the Piedmont of North Carolina located midway between Greensboro and Winston-Salem.

Hartman's story is about a cancer survivor who is playing the game in memory of a friend who also had cancer but didn't make it. The players on the boy's basketball team were asked to pick someone to dedicate the game to and junior Spencer Wilson picked Josh Reminger who had died nine months earlier.

I'll let Steve Hartman tell the rest of the story.



2 comments:

  1. Cool story. I grew up in Winston-Salem, graduated from Mount Tabor and WFU...

    ReplyDelete
  2. off-topic but it was a nice story indeed, very inspiring and gives hope to everyone who's experiencing the same situations.

    ReplyDelete