Saturday, January 11, 2014

One Of Our Own Is Running For Elective Office


One of our own, Pastor Kenn Blanchard posted on Facebook today that he is running for county council in Maryland. I'm presuming that it is in Prince George's County which has a district election system.

Kenn is a podcaster, blogger, author, former Marine, minister of the Gospel, fervent Second Amendment advocate, and an all-around decent human being. I'm proud to call him my friend and I think this might be the best thing that has happened to Maryland in a long time. While I can't do on the ground campaigning for Kenn, I most certainly will be making a contribution to his campaign. I would urge you to consider doing so as well.

Kenn's announcement is below:
Kenn Blanchard For Maryland.

I am not a career politician. In fact, this is my first go at this thing. I used to be wary of anybody that actually wanted to be a politician. But here I go. Why, because I care about the state of Maryland. I care about the state of my community. I am entering into the Maryland political race this year as a county councilman. It’s not a big position to some since most folks don't even vote for these lesser known spots like you but I going for it and will win if you help me. I want to be here for you for the long term. This is your investment in someone you know. Someone who would go to the gates of Hell to get you. Some one who will even run for a political office after being a grassroots activist for twenty years.

Even if you are not from or in the state or county but understand what I am trying to do; will you support me? This is about freedom, this is about rights. You could be helping a future “X”.

I have a campaign that just started. Just opened the bank account, filed the paperwork and started that process. I will need donations to buy stuff ranging from business cards to yard signs, food and swag I can give away and tell people about this unknown brother you have known for years.

Can you help? Will you help? Please send your check or money order to the “Kenn Blanchard Campaign”, PO Box 2, Upper Marlboro, MD 20773 or use this paypal link:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=3JEKWS9B6TK6A.
Working on a new website blanchard2014.org and details to come there too. Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. OUTSTANDING! Kenn is truly a nice guy, and I hope he wins! The problem is he's NOT a politician!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When people tell me they only vote in Presidential elections and for Presidential candidates, I give them examples like this. "Small" elections are where We the People can eventually elevate someone worthy to the highest offices, and smother the careers of the undeserving before they can get too far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @aaronw: You are absolutely correct. Most politicians start small and work their way up. They rarely go into the House or Senate without having served at the State or Local level. There are exceptions like Hilary Clinton, John Edwards, and Elizabeth "Fauxchahontas" Warren.

      Delete