Thursday, July 24, 2014

"Remember, This Isn't A Toy"


The NRA has a great new video out promoting their Trigger The Vote campaign. As you can see below, it involves a father sitting down with his son and explaining that what is contained in the locked pistol case isn't a toy.





The father is absolutely right. Our right to vote isn't a toy but too many voters treat it as such. Otherwise, why would we have politicians like Barack Obama, Harry Reid, and Nancy Pelosi still in office.

I registered to vote on my 18th birthday and I have voted in every primary and election since. When I registered to vote, I had to go down to the Board of Elections office in the Guilford County Courthouse. I didn't have someone from ACORN register me at a shopping mall or get registered when I renewed my driver's license. Frankly, I think we make it too damn easy to register to vote and we are paying the consequences with the number of low-information voters polluting the system.

That said, if anti-gun Democratic politicians want to make it easy to register to vote, I say we should use it to our advantage. If you have a friend, family member, or 18 year old (and up) child, you need to make sure that they are registered to vote if you want to keep your gun rights. Our enemies are not sitting still and we can't afford to either.

If you believe in the right to self-defense, gun rights, and/or a gun owner and you aren't registered to vote, what the hell is your problem? You are putting the burden for preserving your rights on those of us who are registered and who vote. While there are a lot of us, it often just isn't enough. So get your act together and go register to vote. And when the time comes, vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment