(Wilsonville, OR) Crimson Trace, market leader for integrated laser sighting systems, today announced the release of their new Rail Master platform for all rail-equipped firearms. With an MSRP of $149, the innovative laser sight sets new standards for durability, battery life and quality. Featuring a tap on / tap off switch, the compact unit comes with four interchangeable inserts which utilize Secure-Lock Technology™ to enable a custom fit to any handgun, enabling the user to adjust the sight’s location on the rail to optimize activation.
“The new Rail Master is the most versatile laser sight available,” said Kent Thomas, Marketing Director for Crimson Trace. “Our design group took great pains to make incorporate all the quality engineering that has been a hallmark of Crimson Trace products and we’re proud to be able to offer a low light solution for the widest possible selection of handguns and long guns.”
The Rail Master offers a four hour battery life as well as the most powerful laser permitted by law. When mounted on a handgun, the low profile sight holsters easily and barely extends the profile of the frame. It sits unobtrusively on the railed handguard of an AR15 and extends the versatility of this highly adaptable rifle. Fully adjustable for windage and elevation, the unit retains zero when removed from the weapon and runs on easily available 1/3N batteries.
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONs
- Fits any rail-equipped firearm
- Weight: 0.4 oz with batteries
- Polymer Housing
- Gold-Plated Battery and Activation contacts
- Compact 5.6mm Diode
- Precise Windage and Elevation Adjustments
- Four, Secure Lock Technology™ inserts
- BEAM INTENSITY – RED – 5mW Peak, 635 nm, Class 3R laser
- DOT SIZE – Approximately 0.5" Diameter at 50 feet
- BATTERIES – One 1/3N 3V Lithium or Two 357 Silver Oxide Batteries; Over Four Hours of Laser Use
- ACTIVATION – Side-mounted, Tap on, Tap off instant activation