Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Slow Blogging Today

Sorry for the slow blogging today. I'm having to meet with plumbers at my late Mom's house out of town. The house was built in 1927 and the drains look it!

I'll add some pictures later.

UPDATE: Just back home from Greensboro after a three hour drive. Here are some pictures of the work. I can do a lot of renovation projects but I suck at plumbing. I learned a long time ago that it is better for me to hire a plumber than to do it myself.

Much of the plumbing in the house dates back to 1927. If I had any question about why the kitchen sink wouldn't drain, I got my answer when I looked at this pipe.


And then there was the drain system from the sink and the clothes washer. What is easily done with PVC pipe today took more couplings and connecters than can be imagined.


Fortunately, PVC makes it much easier. The plumber not only replaced all of the tangled mess with this but also ran the smooth PVC pipe all the way to to the street coupling.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. I've seen those pipes in my basement (1926). Except they're rusty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen those pipes as well during my last plumbing project. House was built in 1918 and the plumbing looked it. Good thing, most of it has now been replaced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Blog!! Great Post !! Like your Blog and your ideas and i think its benificial for us and i keep to visit your blog regularly because i got lot of information through you blog

    Plastic Pipe Fittings

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a Cool blog and wonderful shared to Plumbing Service. I like your great post and helpful article. I got effective information here.
    Concord drain cleaning

    ReplyDelete