The Illinois State Rifle Association has always had to fight the gun prohibitionists on many fronts. These two alerts show that nothing has changed.
First, if you live in the Cook County area, you might want to have a bun and coffee at the Corner Bakery tonight around 6:30pm.
Second, no matter where you live in Illinois, you can respond to this one. Under a bill being considered, you would need the permission of every building owner and tenant in a 1,000 yard radius to discharge a firearm while hunting. The bill exempts "licensed ranges". That's fine except there is no such thing in Illinois. The wording "licensed ranges" is something that has been used in Bloomberg-sponsored bills in other states. I don't doubt that this is the origin of this bill as well.REVISED: URGET ALERT - YOUR ACTION NEEDED
ARLINGTON HEIGHTS GUN CONTROL GROUP WILL HOLD PUBLIC STRATEGY MEETING
Your ISRA has learned that a gun control group called "Northwest Suburbs Organizing for Action(NWSOFA)" will be holding a recruitment and strategy meeting this week in Arlington Heights. The NWSOFA has the following objectives:
1. Passage of a state "dealer licensing" law which would drastically raise the cost of firearms and ammo and eventually lead to the closing of all gun shops in the state. The NWSOFA is a proponent of Father Pfleger's "Bad Apple Gun Dealer" campaign which has harassed law-abiding firearm dealers for several years.
2. Replacing the late Justice Scalia with a gun grabber.
TAKE ACTION TO PRESERVE AND PROTECT YOUR GUN RIGHTS!
1. No matter where you live, you should plan on attending the NWSOFA Meeting:
WHAT: Gun control recruitment and strategy meeting
WHEN: Thursday, February 18, 2016
TIME: 6:30 PM
WHERE: The Corner Bakery, Northpoint Shopping Center, 470 E. Rand Road, Arlington Heights
NOTE: Please dress "under cover" so that you are not denied entry to the meeting. Nobody needs to know your view on guns until the meeting gets started.
2. Pass this alert on to all your gun owning friends and family and tell them to attend the meeting.
3. Please post this alert to any and all Internet blogs, bulletin boards, or social media sites to which you may belong.
REMEMBER - GUN CONTOL IS A DISEASE AND YOU ARE THE CURE
SPECIAL LEGISLATIVE ALERT - YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIREDBILL WOULD BAN HUNTING, SHUTTER GUN RANGES, AND MAKE IT ILLEGAL TO WALK YOUR DOG
The gun-grabbers are going all out with HB6008 in hopes of dealing a fatal blow to hunting and target shooting here in Illinois. We all know that the next step would be a full out attack on defensive firearm ownership and the shuttering of gun shops.
Under HB6008, it would be illegal for anyone to discharge a firearm for hunting purposes within 1,000 yards of any building without the permission of the building owner or tenant. Yes, that's right - 1,000 yards! What that means is that if you want to bag a rabbit for dinner, you have to get the permission of every person living or working within one square mile of where you're standing. What are the odds of success with that endeavor?
Meanwhile, your dinner has hippity-hopped his way down the road.
Even crazier is the provision in HB6008 that would make it illegal for you to allow a dog to hunt within 1,000 yards of any building without the permission of the building owner or tenant. So, you're out walking your dog one evening and Scooby-Doo happens to flush out a couple of sparrows. Ruh-row...no permission from the neighbors so it's off to the big house for the two of you.
The gun controllers are especially sneaky when it comes to the third provision of HB6008 - a provision that exempts "licensed" ranges from the 1,000 yard rule. If you feel good about that exemption, you shouldn't because there are no licensed ranges in Illinois. No license - no neighbor permission - no range. It's as simple as that.
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO SAVE YOUR FIREARM RIGHTS
1. Call the bill's main sponsor, Rep. Carol Sente at (217) 782-0499, and POLITELY inform her that you are a lawful Illinois firearm owner and that you won't be fooled by what's contained in HB6008. Tell her that you expect her to withdraw the bill or you will do everything in your power to see that HB6008 is defeated and that you will work tirelessly to prevent her from being re-elected.
2. Call your own State Representative and tell him or her that you are a law-abiding firearm owner and that you deeply oppose HB6008. Tell him or her that you expect them to vote against the bill. If you do not know how to get in touch with your State Representative, then click here for the Illinois State Board of Elections lookup.page.
3. Pass this alert on to your gun-owning family and friends. Tell them to make calls as well.
4. Post this alert to any and all Internet blogs, bulletin boards or social media sites to which you may belong.