Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Daewoo K2/Max II Rifle


The Military Arms Channel did an excellent feature on the Daewoo K2/Max II rifle today. They showed both the pre-ban Max II and the post-ban DR-200. The latter had its ugly thumbhole stock replaced with a regular AR stock and the Stormworkz adapter.

The DR-200 was my first 5.56 semi-auto rifle. I bought it after the Clinton AWB. If I had been more on top of things - or had more money - I'd have gotten a pre-ban rifle. I still have mine in its original configuration. This is mainly because I haven't found time to switch out the trigger group to make it 922 compliant. The only downside to my DR-200 is the it has a 1-12 twist barrel which limits me to 55 grain or lighter ammo.




I did a blog post on the Daewoo back in the early days of this blog. It can be found here.


5 comments:

  1. If having a rifle twist that accommodates the most common bullet weight for 5.56 can be considered a down-side...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post. Those who are really concerned about their safety may take help from the gun licensing so as to make yourself nad your loved ones feel more safer and more amazing. You can also take help from the MA Gun License so as to make it more amazing and safer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this gun seem to be on target, this is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really not hard to switch out the trigger group. I find that the Rock River Arms Match 4.5 pound 2-stage trigger goes in like a breeze. You don't have to remove the grip or the safety - just wiggle the safety to between "fire" and "safe" to get the triggers to clear in & out. Plastic punches (like a Delrin punch set, or even a Bic Pen cap) help to save the finish on the receiver & pins: you must re-use the original pins, because the receiver is thicker than an AR-15's. Inside is the same, so there is no appreciable slop.

    I had previously put in a DPMS AR-Trigger Group, and it was a nasty, gritty 8-pounds. The RRA breaks at a clean 5.25 pounds. Retail price is about $120.00, but there are folks on Gunbroker selling them for $84.00 plus $6.00 shipping.

    ReplyDelete