Tuesday, February 2, 2016

FAL Meets AR Meets God Knows What


I was looking over an auction site when I stumbled across this really funky looking carbine.




It is listed as a Masterpiece Arms MPA971x1A 9mm carbine. It comes with a 71 round drum magazines and the Bushnell HoloSight.

A closer look at the lower, pistol grip, and butt stock make it look like it was stolen off a FAL. In the picture below, look at the safety, the locking lever, and the rear sight dovetail where the rear sight should be.



Doing a search on this, it appears that it is indeed a FN FAL lower. The upper is derived from the MAC 11 and the drum is from a Finnish Suomi SMG. According to this old post in The Firing Line, the carbine weighs almost 17 lbs! The original poster said he put 600 rounds through it without a single malfunction. It may be ugly but it does sound reliable.

Prices I've found are about $560 from an auction in 2004 and someone trying to sell one on Armslist for $1000 back in 2012 saying it is very rare. I would agree with the last part about it being rare but worth $1000 is another story.

I may bid on it just for the heck of it. If I won it, I'd have the satisfaction of knowing no one had a similar carbine in a three state area. Heck, make it a four state area if I pick the states correctly.

5 comments:

  1. "no one had a similar carbine in a three state area."

    Perhaps for a reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yenta of Sipsey StreetFebruary 3, 2016 at 6:49 PM

    I have two MPA971s. There are no more "new" ones available. It is a MAC upper and an FAL lower. The receiver is a framework that marries the two pieces. They are hellishly accurate at 100 meters. They work well with Suomi mags and can be suppressed. Somewhat of a novelty, but a good firearm. They like Wolf 9mm. This was designed by Len Savage at Historic Arms, LLC. If you can get one for $700, buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I guess we need to know where Sipsey Street is so that we don't pick that state as one of our three.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best Place To Get Your Financial Problem Solved (Lexieloanfinance@gmail.com)

    My Name is Nicole Marie, I live in USA and life is worth living comfortably for me and my family now and i really have never seen goodness shown to me this much in my life, As i am a struggling mum with two kids and i have been going through a serious problem as my husband encountered a terrible accident last two weeks, and the doctors states that he needs to undergo a delicate surgery for him to be able to walk again and i could not afford the bill for his surgery then i went to the bank for a loan and they turn me down stating that i have no credit card, from there i ran to my father and he was not able to help me, then when i was browsing through yahoo answers and i came across a God fearing man (Mr Martinez Lexie) who provides loans at an affordable interest rate and i have been hearing about so many scams on the Internet mostly Africa, but at this my desperate situation, i had no choice than to give it an attempt due to the fact that the company is from United State of America, and surprisingly it was all like a dream, i received a loan of $82,000.00 USD and i payed for my husband surgery and thank GOD today he is ok and can walk, my family is happy and i said to myself that i will shout to the world the wonders this great and God fearing Man Mr Martinez Lexie did for me and my family; so if anyone is in genuine and serious need of a loan do contact this GOD fearing man via Email: ( Lexieloanfinance@gmail.com ) or reach him through this number +1 (406) 946-0675 thanks

    ReplyDelete