Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Fun But Expensive Way To Open A Safe


I came across this video on YouTube this morning. It shows a guy opening a Sentry home safe that he bought at a yard sale for 75 cents. His method was a bit unusual and, given the price of ammo, expensive. For you see, he used his CZ 550 FS in 9.3x62 Mauser. Checking the price of ammo for this African big game rifle, it ain't cheap! Hornady lists it for $70 a box (though you can find it cheaper if you look).





The guy took four shots at the safe. That's $14 to open a 75 cent safe! I won't even get into the possibly valuable documents he ruined by shooting the safe. I'm sure it was fun to open the safe that way but if it were me, I might have used an angle grinder to cut it open.

2 comments:

  1. The hinges are exposed. This is a waste of good ammunition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing you don't know much about safes...

    ReplyDelete