Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Quick Thoughts On Santorum And Romney

Soon after the Santorum announcement that he was suspending his campaign for President yesterday, I happened to be listening to Rush Limbaugh on the radio. I'm not usually in a location where I can listen to Rush and this was rather rare for me.

Rush commented that with Santorum out of the race Romney could now start tacking towards the center. He said to listen to Romney's speeches starting now to see these indications. Rush's comment made a lot of sense and I checked Romney's campaign schedule for major appearances in the next few days. His next major appearance will be at - you guessed it - the NRA Annual Meeting and its "Celebration of American Values Leadership Forum".

I will be attending the Leadership Forum and will be looking for signs of this. I definitely plan to report on it for the blog. The old political scientist in me is actually chomping at the bit over it even though these events usually bore me to tears.

Little or no blogging for the rest of the day as we are about to hit the road for St. Louis.

If there is any special gun you want me to check out or booth to visit, just let me know in the comments. I do have an interview scheduled with Paul Barrett who is the author of Glock: The Rise of America's Gun. If you think of any questions you want asked, just let me know.

3 comments:

  1. John,

    If you are offering to check guns for us, could you please pull the slide on a Sig P238 and then to the same for the not-yet-released P938?

    I have a mother who cannot yank the slide on small guns like Kahr's and she likes my P238 (380acp). If the mythical P938 (9mm version of the P238) is close, I will wait before getting her a new gun.

    Thanks. She's disabled and this kinda stuff matters to her. If you can't get to it, please don't worry. Just have a good time and let us know what the cool kids are up to.

    ...and ask Romney point blank whether bearing in public is a fundamental civil right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Patrick: I'd be happy to check both the Sig P238 and the P938 (if it is there). I'll have the Complementary Spouse give a check as she is a nurse and has smaller hands. If you'd like, I'll also check the Colt Mustang as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. Would appreciate it. Anything you guys suggest is great. Last time I was at a large show was SHOT and didn't even think of the effects of a stiff slide on disabled folks. I just figured they'd all use revolvers or something. But she would prefer a pistol, so now I regret not thinking of this when I had the chance.

    ReplyDelete